Quality care and professional service is our highest priority.
- The registered nurses at UR Medicine Home Care treat and educate patients concerning various medical conditions and provide advice and emotional support to family members. They administer treatment, medications, perform different diagnostic tests and analyze results, record patient medical histories and symptoms, and help with patient follow-up.
- For patients requiring medication treatment via intravenous infusion, highly-skilled nurses perform the latest infusion therapy techniques. They administer and monitor these treatments to ensure safe and effective delivery of medicine.
- Nurses also provide excellent care for a variety of other illness, injuries, or disorders such as wounds, ostomies, pressure ulcers, incontinence, and many other ailments.
Do I Qualify For Services?
To qualify for admission, a patient needs:
- A physician’s order
- Need for skilled and intermittent health care services
- Home bound status (only required by Medicare, other insurances may not require patients to be home bound).
What Other Services Are Provided by UR Medicine Home Care?
- Diabetes Management and Education
- PRI Screening for Nursing Home Placement
- Home Care Coordination and Planning
- Infusion Therapy/Services
- Wound/Ostomy Care
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Palliative Care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Medical Social Work
- Pain Management
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Medical Nutrition Counseling
- Community Health Nursing
- Home Health Aide Services
- Health Home Care Management
Coping with an unexpected illness is stressful for both you and those who love and care for you. Our certified home health agency program is designed to meet the complex needs you may have as you learn about and how to deal with a potentially life-threatening illness.
Interdisciplinary team health care teams work closely with your primary care physician, surgeon, oncologist, and any of the regional specialists to develop an individualized home care plan for you, based on your specific health care needs.
Together, we work to maintain a patient/family focus throughout the home care process, striving to meet the medical, post-operative, psychosocial and spiritual needs of you and your family members or caregivers.
How Can I Receive Care?
Based on your individual needs, your physician will make a home care referral. You may inform your hospital nurse or physician about your preference in using UR Medicine Home Care. Referrals are accepted seven days a week by calling us at 1-800-253-4439.
Will Insurance Cover This?
The cost of services may be covered by Medicaid, Medicare, HMO’s and private insurance companies and will be verified before admission.